[Ocfs-users] rebooting after many read/write[SOLVED]

"M.Atıf CEYLAN" mehmet at atifceylan.com
Wed Dec 11 01:34:08 PST 2013

On 09-12-2013 11:22, "M.Atıf CEYLAN" wrote:
> Hi,
> I have 24 ocfs2 volumes on FC storage on 2 ocfs2 node connected 10gig
> fiber ethernet as back to back. When I start copy process from the
> some ocfs2 volumes to another ocfs2 volumes via rsync program, one
> node crashes (I tried many times). There is no any log message in the
> log files (kern.log, messages etc.). When I add the "sleep 6" line
> between each copy process, no problem. But if the sleep parameter is
> less than 5 again it crashes. I think the reason is default "commit=5"
> parameter. Maybe DLM gives buffer overflow. I don't know :(
>
> Any suggestion?
> Thanks,
Hi all,
I solved this issue. I have added "commit=1" mount option to fstab and
solved the rebooting problem. Perhaps this is related with dlm buffer
overflow. Because there are many volumes on the nodes and read/write
operations on them. I think it can't buffered concurrent many transactions.

--
M.Atıf CEYLAN
Yurdum Yazılım