[Ocfs-users] Re: Clarification on 1.0.14-1

Sunil Mushran Sunil.Mushran at oracle.com
Wed Feb 2 15:33:00 CST 2005

Oh yes. The reason cp is slow on ocfs because it not only uses the
default 512byte blocksize, it also floods the buffercache. This is
especially true when dealing with large files.

With --o_direct in the modified fileutils/coreutils, one can not only
specify
the blocksize, but also not flood the buffercache. win-win.

There is not a lot of info on the modified coreutils out there, so any
thoughts are again appreciated.

We have updated the man pages, but guess could do with adding
some info on the web page itself. I'll look into that.