[Ocfs-users] Re: Clarification on 1.0.14-1

Bruce Holzrichter bholzrichter at monster.com
Wed Feb 2 13:58:40 CST 2005

> Have you tried archiving to another ocfs volume?
>
> The reason I bring this up is because you can avoid flooding
> the buffer cache by using ocfs (o_direct) instead of ext2 (buffered).

Thanks again for your replies.

We do a lot of regular file moves, backup to tape, etc, to keep more
than a days archivelog backups on those partitions.

There was considerable slowness with regular file utility mv,cp, etc,
would using the Oracle coreutils with the o_direct make a difference
here?

There is not a lot of info on the modified coreutils out there, so any
thoughts are again appreciated.

Bruce H.