[Ocfs-users] problem with OCFS label

Joel Becker Joel.Becker at oracle.com
Wed Aug 31 20:28:26 CDT 2005

On Wed, Aug 31, 2005 at 06:42:20PM -0500, Wu, Hai wrote:
> But when I tried to mount this ocfs filesystem by label, it gave me the following error.
> # mount -L data13 /oradata/data13
> mount: the label data13 occurs on both /dev/emcpowerp1 and /dev/sdad1 - not mounted

	This isn't a bug, this is a common problem with multipath.
mount(8) does not know that /dev/emcpowerp1 and /dev/sdad1 are the same
drive.  So it cannot decide which to use.  You must mount by device name
in this case.

Joel

--

"Gone to plant a weeping willow
 On the bank's green edge it will roll, roll, roll.

Joel Becker
Senior Member of Technical Staff
Oracle
E-mail: joel.becker at oracle.com