[Ocfs-users] problem with OCFS label

Wu, Hai hxwu at tribune.com
Wed Aug 31 18:42:20 CDT 2005

I used this command to create volume label on OCFS:
mkfs.ocfs -F -b 128 -L data13 -m /oradata/data13 -u oracle -g dba -p 0775 /dev/emcpowerp1

emcpowerp is composed of /dev/sdad and /dev/sdk. It seems the above command created the same labels for /dev/emcpowerp1, /dev/sdad1 and /dev/sdk1.

But when I tried to mount this ocfs filesystem by label, it gave me the following error.
# mount -L data13 /oradata/data13
mount: the label data13 occurs on both /dev/emcpowerp1 and /dev/sdad1 - not mounted

Is this a bug? Or does it mean OCFS label would not work for EMC PowerPath devices?
Thanks,
Hai

# powermt display dev=emcpowerp
Pseudo name=emcpowerp
CLARiiON ID=APM00035004439 [WPProd]
Logical device ID=60060160F1D91200FC9395794415DA11 [LUN 619]
state=alive; policy=CLAROpt; priority=0; queued-IOs=0
Owner: default=SP A, current=SP A
### HW Path                 I/O Paths    Interf.   Mode    State  Q-IOs Errors