[Ocfs-users] Re: TAR 4182518.999: OCFS problems encoutered during support Intel project

Wim Coekaerts wim.coekaerts at oracle.com
Mon Nov 29 10:08:10 CST 2004

> First, we will get below error message when we issue "srvconfig -init"
> command
> to initialize OCR.

checkk the bug databaase. this is an srv bug, been around for a long
time, there are patche at least for ia32. not an ocfs problem.

> Second, it will hang at 37% when we issue DBCA to create database. We found
> it hangs when it begin to create redo log files. Also need to ask OCFS
> team for
> help.

hard to tell - we have this used in production so I suggest you do some
more debugging, good exercise to check stack dumps and see if dbca is
hanging inside dbca or inside a system call. a simple kernel stack dump
or ps aux and see if procesess are (and remain) in D state.