[Ocfs-users] Re: TAR 4182518.999: OCFS problems encoutered during support Intel project

zhihui yan zhihui.yan at oracle.com
Mon Nov 29 08:13:12 CST 2004

Hi Dean,

Thanks for your kind help.

Since I couldn't use vpn in Intel and be a little late after I arrived
home, I didn't
get chance to modify the TAR on metalink. Tomorrow, I will go CDC and
update it accordingly.

We think all the problems should be caused by OCFS itself. There are two
outstanding problem for now.

First, we will get below error message when we issue "srvconfig -init"
command
to initialize OCR.

oracle.ops.mgmt.rawdevice.RawDeviceException: PRKR-1064 : General
Exception in OCR
       at
oracle.ops.mgmt.rawdevice.RawDeviceUtil.<init>(RawDeviceUtil.java:136)
       at
oracle.ops.mgmt.rawdevice.RawDeviceUtil.main(RawDeviceUtil.java:2071)

I think this is one bug of OCFS for IA64 machine. I will ask Colin to
confirm
whether there be available fix or patch for this problem for OCFSv1 on IA64.

Second, it will hang at 37% when we issue DBCA to create database. We found
it hangs when it begin to create redo log files. Also need to ask OCFS
team for
help.

I tried two version of OCFS for IA64. They are 1.0.13-11 and 1.0.11-1. Of
course, we could exclude the possible reason of mismatch between linux
kerenl
and that needed by OCFS driver. (We first used RHEL3 Update4, kernel
version is 2.4.21-20 while OCFS driver want 2.4.21-4. Then I reinstalled OS
with Update 1, kernel version is 2.4.21-20, we found OCFS driver need
2.4.21-
4.102 something like that). I think maybe that is too strict for OCFS
driver to
use.

Please give your suggestion.

Best regards,