[Ocfs-users] RAC on RedHat or SuSE

Eric Hensley eric.hensley at instill.com
Wed Jun 30 12:32:47 CDT 2004

We've had various test clusters working on both SuSE and Redhat, and
haven't had any problems with SuSE.  I expect that you'll find better
support (from companies other than SuSE, of course) on Redhat.  In the
U.S. at least, I would say the Redhat Enterprise 2.1 or 3 are the
'standard' distributions on which to deploy RAC, and SuSE is entirely
serviceable, but you're probably going to be 'self-supporting' a little
more.  We met with the HP Oracle Excellence group at one point, and they
were entirely deployed on Redhat.

Eric Hensley
Director, IT
Instill Corp.