[Ocfs-users] My node is restarted when running OCFS

Jean-Hilaire Yapi jhyapi at yahoo.ca
Fri Jul 23 17:32:12 CDT 2004

Hi,

I am trying to install Oracle 9i RAC on SLES 8 SP3
with a shared firewire disk.

I am using the following OCFS:
OCFS Release 1.0.11-1 for suse sp3 2.4.21-138 smp kernel
ocfs-2.4.21-138-smp-1.0.11-1.i586.rpm
ocfs-tools-1.0.10-1.i386.rpm
ocfs-support-1.0.10-1.i386.rpm

1/ I have configured OCFS and a shared file system /opt/oracle/oradata
2/ I have created a raw device for use as quorum file
    (/opt/oracle/oradata/CMQuorumFile)
    This file is referenced by a symbolic link on the above shared OCFS
    file system.  The quorum file has the 660 permission and is owned by
    oracle:oinstall.

3/ I have installed Oracle Cluster manager patchset 9.2.0.4.
    And I can start the cluster manager on both nodes
    using Suse "rcoacle start" command provide by the orarun package.

My problem is: when I start Oracle cluster manager on one node (or both nodes), the node is restarted after a few minutes.
When I don't start Oracm, I don't have this problem.

And verifying the content of the cluster manager log file
(/opt/oracle/product/9ir2/oracm/cm.log) does not show me any problem.

Where can I find the system's log file?
Any idea???
That is my last step before installing Oracle RAC

Thanks.
Jean