[Ocfs-users] OCFS Database too slow

Wim Coekaerts wim.coekaerts at oracle.com
Fri Jul 16 11:13:13 CDT 2004

yes you are probably comparing local filesystem versus raw or cfs which
is not cached in the OS only in oracle.

this is a story that comes back on this list every few weeks or months
and basically happens because there is a huge misunderstanding on what
the OS filesystem cache provides single node etc etc, it takes time to
explain and I think wehave in the past. could you go through the
archives and look for earlier discussions on this ?

there is nothing slow, what youa re doing is having a database run that
has a lot of stuff cached in the OS itself on local fielsystem and then
when you do that query on cfs or raw it has to go to disk, the rigth
thing to do (should do) is give all that memory to oracle. then you will
see the difference

again, it's not abug, don't think it's slow, just do the right thing.
and look in archives for a pointer to the discussions

Wim