[Ocfs-users] OCFS Database too slow

Varghese Abraham VargheseA at herbalife.com
Fri Jul 16 10:39:33 CDT 2004

Hi All,
 we are using Red Hat 2.1 Kernel e38 along with MSA 1000.
ocfs version being used is

$ rpm -qa | grep ocfs
ocfs-tools-1.0.10-1
ocfs-2.4.9-e-enterprise-1.0.12-1
ocfs-support-1.0.10-1

Database Version is 9.2.0.5

However we find that the performance of the database on OCFS is too slow. even a select count(1) from all_tables takes like a while to complete.

We initially assumed RAC is the problem area.  ( Because with both nodes enabled we had terrible performance)

Hence we stopped one of the RAC Databases to test out the performance.
However even with one node the performance is real bad.

Any pointers on how to debug this problem.

R'gds
Varghese Abraham.