[Ocfs-users] Moving ocfs file system to a new SAN

Robin Burridge Robin.Burridge at uts.edu.au
Wed Jul 7 15:12:39 CDT 2004

Hi,

We are currently rolling over our SAN (FC4700 to CX700) and have now
reached the data migration stage. I need to move the data files on my
current /u01 ocfs file system (on FC4700) to a new ocfs file system (on
CX700) which I want to keep as the same /u01 mount point on the hosts.

With a normal file system I would just mount the new file system to a
temporary mount point, copy the data, unmount the old file system and
mount the new one on the correct mount point. However when creating ocfs
file systems using mkfs.ocfs the -m switch is used to specify the mount
point.

My question is that if a file system is created using -m switch of /u01
  can this ocfs file system then be mounted on a host on a different
mount point that already has an existing ocfs mounted on /u01?

I can of course restore the data files from the backup tape but I'd
rather copy from disk to disk.

Thanks

Robin

--
Robin Burridge
Unix Systems Administrator

Building 1, Level 9, Room 9.16

Phone  (02) 9514  2091     Mobile  0419 230 252
Fax    (02) 9514  1994

--
UTS CRICOS Provider Code:  00099F
read, use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message or attachments.  If