[Ocfs-users] E-Business 11i.9 and RAC 9.2.0.3

Priscilla Marques priscilla.marques at oracle.com
Fri Nov 14 01:37:30 CST 2003

Hi,

I am currently involved in a project with E-Business 11i.9.

For the production enviroment, ct. wants to implement Load Balance and
Fail Over - both middle tier and database tier, the last with RAC.

As E11i creates lots of tablespaces, the best way seems to be OCFS.

We installed & configured OCFS partitions.

The next step was to install E11i multi tier, single instance - already
indicating the OCFS device as the proper datafiles place.

However, it seems the installation performed on the test server was
quicker.

In the test instance, we have EXT3 filesystem - as there is no RAC
associated.

Should I have indicated the OCFS for the E11i install ? OR I should have
installed those first on a EXT3, and after that copied then to the OCFS
partitions ?

Maybe once I migrate the database to RAC this problem may be solved ?

I would apreciate any suggestions/tips.

Thanks,
Priscilla Marques