[Ocfs-users] RE: OCFS - NFS

Lawrence Cheong LCHEONG at msti.com.my
Mon Jun 30 10:37:51 CDT 2003

Hi,

I've tried all that I've known about NFS (not that I know lotsa). My issue
was that it gave me 'Stale NFS file handle' upon descending /u02/oracle as
root. Note that root cannot even descend beyond /u02!. HOWEVER, as user
oracle /u02/oracle can be accessed but NONE of the subdirs oradata/racdb/*
could be seen, let alone the datafiles. All returned 'Stale NFS file
handle'.

My conclusion was that one CAN share/mount OCFS partition through NFS, but
it's bound to give you weird (unacceptable?) behaviors. Through a TAR an
Oracle Analyst had this to say:

"Had conversation with Customer ,Even For using the OCFS filesystem , one
would need a shared disk subsystem between both the
nodes.NFS is not needed, OCFS would be able to use the shared datafiles once
it is configured on both the nodes."

Ended up using Network Block Device and it's smooth so far. Configuring
SRVCTL now.

HTH.

Lawrence Cheong, 9i/8iOCP DBA

> Hi Wim,
>
>   I tried the option but nothing changed, still no syncronization with the
server
>   on the clients. I guess it might not be the best choice for the NFS San
Cluster
>   I might have to look for another filesystem, or what else can I do? any
ideas ?

>   Thanks
>
>   Tom

OCFS