[linux-sparc-users] SSH using IPv6 addressing

Paul Drasler paul.drasler at oracle.com
Thu Feb 2 14:51:53 PST 2017

Good day,

Installed my first version of Linux sparc in a LDOM VM, install
completed successfully. Host platform is a T5.

I have only IPv6 addressing enabled on eth0 but for some reason I am not
able to ssh into this sparc linux server from other servers using IPv6
addressing. I am using the command format ssh -6 root at IPv6address

If I enable IPv4 on eth0 then ssh from remote hosts using the IPv4
addressing works just fine.

I can also ssh into the local linux host using the IPv6 local host
address, ssh  -6 root@::

Is there anything additional that is needed out of the box to get this
to work?

Linux localhost.localdomain 4.1.12-32.el6uek.sparc64 #1 SMP Thu Dec 17
19:27:27 PST 2015 sparc64 sparc64 sparc64 GNU/Linux

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Paul