[Firewire-users] Oracle RAC on RHEL3 or WBEL3

Bruce Carter bruce.carter at oracle.com
Fri Mar 5 21:48:49 CST 2004

Well the first thing we kneed to know is what drives you are using and what
interface cards you are using.  The interface cards are not usually the
problem.

We have found that the question is not as simple as Oxford 911 vs Oxford
912.

For instance the latest LaCie drives sem to work OK whereas the latest WD
drives don't although the earlier drives do.

It has crossed my mind that this might be worth a call to Oxford
Semiconductors and I will do this on Monday.

In the meantime can you call your disk manufacturer.  I know Western Digital
were stunned when they heard that anybody was trying to do this.

Regards

Bruce