[DTrace-devel] libdtrace-ctf new release?

Nick Alcock nick.alcock at oracle.com
Fri Feb 2 17:00:27 UTC 2024

On 31 Jan 2024, Kris Van Hees via DTrace-devel spake thusly:

> On Wed, Jan 31, 2024 at 12:36:23AM +0000, Tomasz Kłoczko via DTrace-devel wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Looking on https://github.com/oracle/libdtrace-ctf/compare/1.1.0...master I
>> think that it woud be good to release a new version.
>> Any plans to do that soon?ðY¤"
>
> libdtrace-ctf is no longer continued in lieu of libctf which has been added
> to binutils.

To emphasise: if you're using libdtrace-ctf in anything new, it's almost
certainly a mistake: if you're using it in something old, look to see if
you can migrate to requiring binutils 2.36+'s libctf instead. You'll get
a lot of bugfixes, new features, and the like, and as far as I know
there are no downsides.

--
NULL && (void)