[Btrfs-devel] Debian packaging

Adrian von Bidder avbidder at fortytwo.ch
Wed Jul 11 06:03:53 PDT 2007

Yodel!

I'm a Debian developer, and I have recently discovered the Btrfs project.
I'm no filesystem hacker, though, so I'll remain mostly silent here.  Just
allow me to make this short announcement:

I'm in the process of creating btrfs Debian packages.  Preliminary packages
are available at <http://fortytwo.ch/debian/btrfs/>, expect the packages to
be uploaded to Debian unstable soon-ish.  (Since Btrfs is still very
unstable, I'll not let the packages go near testing or even stable,
though.)

I hope giving Btrfs wider exposure in this way is in your interest, too.

Since I have the impression that you're doing 0.x releases quite often and
especially do them when grave data corruption bugs crop up, I think
packaging releases instead of snapshots is ok.

cheers
-- vbi

--
Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us
as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching