[Berkeley DB Announce] Patch Release: Berkeley DB Java Edition 4.1.20

Announcements related to the Berkeley DB product family. bdb at oss.oracle.com
Mon May 14 18:34:16 PDT 2012

Berkeley DB Java Edition 4.1.20

http://www.oracle.com/us/products/database/berkeley-db/index.html   (BDB
product page)
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/berkeleydb/overview/index.html (BDB
overview)
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/berkeleydb/overview/index-093405.html
(BDB JE overview)

Berkeley DB Java Edition 4.1.20 is a patch release consisting of fixes
for a number of issues. We strongly recommend that users of the 4.1.x
version upgrade to this release. These fixes include:

  * [#21348]  Fixed a bug that caused an EnvironmentFailureException
    with LOG_FILE_NOT_FOUND. The bug occurred after deleting a range of
    keys in a deferred-write database
    (DatabaseConfig.setDeferredWrite(true) or
    StoreConfig.setDeferredWrite(true)), closing the Environment, and
    then opening the Environment.
  * [#21304]  Fixed a bug in the DbPreUpgrade_4_1 and
    DbRepPreUpgrade_4_1 utilities that prevented them from working
    properly due to concurrent log cleaning activity while the utility
    is running.
  * [#20816] Fixed a bug that could cause |Environment.removeDatabase|
    or |truncateDatabase| to loop in a "livelock" pattern along with
    active log cleaner threads, where the |removeDatabase| or
    |truncateDatabase| thread is not making forward progress.
  * [#21015] Added additional fixes to prevent looping and long
    operations times for |Environment.removeDatabase| and
    |truncateDatabase|. The additional fixes address long operation
    times due to log cleaning with large file sizes in combination with
    eviction.
  * [#21177] Fixed a bug that sometimes caused a
    ConcurrentModificationException when calling
    Environment.setMutableConfig, when exception listeners were
    previously configured.

Find the complete list of changes in the change log.

http://download.oracle.com/otndocs/products/berkeleydb/html/je/je-4.1.20_changelog.html

Read the detailed product documentation included in the download package
or on the web.

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/berkeleydb/downloads/index-098622.html

http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E17277_02/html/index.html

Download the source code.

http://download.oracle.com/otn/berkeley-db/je-4.1.20.tar.gz
http://download.oracle.com/otn/berkeley-db/je-4.1.20.zip
http://download.oracle.com/maven/com/sleepycat/je/4.1.20/je-4.1.20.pom

Review the frequently asked questions (FAQs):

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/berkeleydb/je-faq-096044.html

Join OTN and participate in the Berkeley DB JE Support Forum
discussions. Our engineering and support staff are highly active on
these forums, if you have questions please ask them there first.

http://forums.oracle.com/forums/forum.jspa?forumID=273

For further information, or questions about licensing and sales of JE,
please contact us at:

mailto:berkeleydb-info_us at oracle.com

Thank you for your support of Berkeley DB Java Edition.

Regards,

Anuj