[Berkeley DB Announce] Berkeley DB Java Edition 3.3

Announcements related to the Berkeley DB product family. bdb at oss.oracle.com
Fri Jun 13 12:41:34 PDT 2008

Berkeley DB Java Edition 3.3
http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/berkeley-db/
http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/berkeley-db/je/

Berkeley DB Java Edition 3.3 is a major new release with many new features,
enhancements, and fixes.  We recommend that all users review these new
features and strongly consider upgrading.

NEW IN RELEASE 3.3

*  Performance & Scalability
  - Multiple Environments can share a single cache thereby reducing
    overall memory use.
  - Per-operation cache priority management.
  - Scalability changes that enable applications to manage millions of
    databases at once in a single JVM concurrently sharing a single fixed
    size cache.
  - Improvements to the locking of log files in environments with thousands of
    (or more) log files on disk (which can be true for very large or very
    active databases).  A single lock has been replaced with fine grained
    per-log file locking to reduce contention.
  - The cleaner can be optionally configured to use more memory to trade
    off memory for speed which helps speed up cleaning in very large
    cache situations.

* Features
  - Deferred write mode can now be configured for either purely temporary
    databases or for databases that will later be put into service (e.g.
    after finishing a bulk load process) at some later point in a more
    concurrent, transactional fashion.
  - Improvements were made to reduce disk space usage in log file format.
  - We now support Google Android's Davlik JVM and the Google Android
    Platform
  - Apache Maven Support

* Documentation
  - All documentation sets for JE are now available online.
    http://download.oracle.com/berkeley-db/docs/je/<version>

For a complete list of changes in this release please review the change log
and release notes.
   http://www.oracle.com/technology/documentation/berkeley-db/je/changeLog.html
   http://www.oracle.com/technology/documentation/berkeley-db/je/relnotes.html

Software Download:
   http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/products/berkeley-db
   http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/products/berkeley-db/je

Berkeley DB Java Edition .tar.gz
   http://download.oracle.com/berkeley-db/je-3.3.62.tar.gz

Berkeley DB Java Edition .zip
   http://download.oracle.com/berkeley-db/je-3.3.62.zip

Berkeley DB Java Edition Maven POM
   http://download.oracle.com/maven/com/sleepycat/je/3.3.62/je-3.3.62.pom

Documentation page:
   http://www.oracle.com/technology/documentation/berkeley-db/je
   http://download.oracle.com/berkeley-db/docs/je/3.3.62/

You may find an answer on our product FAQ page:
    http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/berkeley-db/faq/je_faq.html

Join OTN today and participate in the Berkeley DB Java Edition Support Forum
And discussions.  Our engineering and support staff are highly active on
these forums, if you have questions please ask them there first.

General Questions
    http://forums.oracle.com/forums/forum.jspa?forumID=273

For further information, please contact us at:
   mailto:berkeleydb-info_us at oracle.com

Thank you for your support of Berkeley DB Java Edition.

regards,

-greg
Greg Burd | Senior Product Manager | Oracle Berkeley DB