[Berkeley DB Announce] Berkeley DB at this year's Oracle Open World

bdb at oss.oracle.com bdb at oss.oracle.com
Wed Oct 11 08:48:25 PDT 2006

Join us at this year's Oracle Open World in San Francisco.

     http://www.oracle.com/openworld
     Oct 22-26 2006

One of the benefits of being part of Oracle is that we can participate
in more conferences and bring our community of developers more
information in person.  Already we've participated in two LinuxWorld
conferences and JavaOne since joining Oracle.  But, Oracle's biggest
conference of the year is Oracle Open World (OOW) and we're well
represented this year in the Embedded Databases tracks.  I hope you will
find time to come to OOW and attend some of our sessions.  If you do,
please introduce yourself to us, we'd enjoy meeting and hearing direct
feedback from you, our community.

Below is detailed information about this year's OOW.

hope to see you there,

-greg

Gregory Burd                                     greg.burd at oracle.com
Senior Product Manager, Berkeley DB/JE/XML       Oracle Corporation

Keynotes
NORTH HALL D - Monday October 23, 2006 - 9:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
Chuck Rozwat, Executive Vice President, Oracle

PartnerNetwork Lounge
WEST EXHIBITION HALL - Tuesday October 24, 2006 - 12:30 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Embeddable Databases - TimesTen In-Memory Database, Berkeley DB & Oracle
                        Database 10g (Rex Wang, Oracle)

Demogrounds
WEST EXHIBITION HALL, LEVEL 1
Demos
Oracle TimesTen In-Memory Database (DEMOGROUNDS D)
Oracle Berkeley DB Family (DEMOGROUNDS D)
Oracle Database Lite (DEMOGROUNDS D)

Oracle Sessions
Tuesday October 24, 2006
TIME            TITLE
1:45 p.m. and   S281198: Oracle Embedded Databases: Providing a Wide
2:45 p.m.       Range of Options for High-Performance Data Management
                 (Marie-Anne Neimat, Oracle) Moscone South 236

Thursday October 26, 2006
TIME            TITLE
9:30 a.m.       S281199: Accelerating Performance with Oracle TimesTen
10:30 a.m       In-Memory Database
                 (Simon Law, Oracle) Moscone South 236

11:00 a.m.      S281200: Extending the Oracle Grid with Oracle Database
12:00 p.m.      Lite Mobile Applications
                 (Philip Stephenson, Oracle) Moscone South 236

12:30 p.m.      S281201: Overview of the Oracle Berkeley DB, Berkeley DB
1:30 p.m.       XML, and Berkeley DB Java Edition
                 (Greg Burd, Oracle) Moscone South 236

Customer Sessions
Monday October 23, 2006
TIME            TITLE
3:15 p.m.       S281203: VoIP Applications Leverage Oracle TimesTen
                 BroadSoft - Moscone South 236
4:15 p.m.       In-Memory Database for Carrier-Grade Performance
                 Tony Pilote, BroadSoft - Moscone South 236

Tuesday October 24, 2006
TIME            TITLE
4:30 p.m.       S281202: Achieving High Performance and High
                 Amdocs - Moscone South 236
5:30 p.m.       Availability with Oracle TimesTen In-Memory Database
                 Omer Shani, Amdocs - Moscone South 236

Develop Sessions
Monday October 23, 2006
TIME            TITLE
10:45 a.m.      S281158: Managing Mobile Applications with Oracle
                 Database Lite's Mobile Manager
                 (Sharad Singhani, Oracle) Hilton Hotel Franciscan Room D
10:45 a.m.      S281150: Integrating Oracle TimesTen In-Memory Database
                 into Your Middleware Applications
                 (Jason Feldhaus, Oracle) Hilton Hotel Yosemite Room A
12:45 p.m.	S281151: Accelerating Your Database Applications with
                 Oracle TimesTen In-Memory Database Manager
                 (Sam Drake, Oracle) Hilton Hotel Franciscan Room D
3:00 p.m.       S281153: Oracle Berkeley DB: An Embedded Transactional
                 Storage Database Engine for Your Applications
                 (Margo Seltzer, Oracle) Hilton Hotel Franciscan Room D
4:15 p.m.	S281154: Simpler Is Better: Hands-on POJO Persistence with
                 Oracle Berkeley DB Java Edition
                 (Charles Lamb, Oracle) Hilton Hotel Franciscan Room D

Tuesday October 24, 2006
TIME            TITLE
10:00 a.m.      S281152: Designing for High Availability Without
                 Compromising Performance, Using Oracle TimesTen
                 In-Memory Database
                 (Susan Cheung, Oracle) Hilton Hotel Franciscan Room D
11:15 a.m.	S281155: Oracle Berkeley DB XML for Fast Access to XML
                 Data with XQuery
                 (David Schachter, Oracle) Hilton Hotel Franciscan Room D
1:15 p.m.       S281157: Leveraging Embedded Systems with Oracle Lite to
                 Enable New Business Processes
                 (Guido Burger, Oracle) Hilton Hotel Franciscan Room D
3:45 p.m.       S281156: Optimizing Data Synchronization with Oracle
                 Database Lite
                 (Boris Berdichevskiy, Oracle)
                 Hilton Hotel Yosemite Room A

Hands-On Labs
Tuesday October 24, 2006
TIME            TITLE
1:15 p.m.       S281159: Five Minutes to Your First XML Web Application
                 With Oracle Berkeley DB XML
                 (David Schachter, Oracle)
                 Hilton Hotel Imperial Ballroom B