[El-errata] ELBA-2008-0925 Enterprise Linux 4 openmpi bug fix and enhancement update

Errata Announcements for Enterprise Linux el-errata at oss.oracle.com
Mon Oct 6 17:48:44 PDT 2008

Enterprise Linux Bug Fix Advisory ELBA-2008-0925

https://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHBA-2008-0925.html

The following updated rpms for Enterprise Linux 4 have been uploaded to
the Unbreakable Linux Network:

i386:
openmpi-1.2.7-2.el4_7.i386.rpm
openmpi-devel-1.2.7-2.el4_7.i386.rpm
openmpi-libs-1.2.7-2.el4_7.i386.rpm
openmpi11-1.1.5-1.el4_7.i386.rpm

x86_64:
openmpi-1.2.7-2.el4_7.i386.rpm
openmpi-1.2.7-2.el4_7.x86_64.rpm
openmpi-devel-1.2.7-2.el4_7.i386.rpm
openmpi-devel-1.2.7-2.el4_7.x86_64.rpm
openmpi-libs-1.2.7-2.el4_7.i386.rpm
openmpi-libs-1.2.7-2.el4_7.x86_64.rpm
openmpi11-1.1.5-1.el4_7.i386.rpm
openmpi11-1.1.5-1.el4_7.x86_64.rpm

ia64:
openmpi-1.2.7-2.el4_7.ia64.rpm
openmpi-devel-1.2.7-2.el4_7.ia64.rpm
openmpi-libs-1.2.7-2.el4_7.ia64.rpm
openmpi11-1.1.5-1.el4_7.ia64.rpm

SRPMS:
http://oss.oracle.com/el4/SRPMS-updates/openmpi-1.2.7-2.el4_7.src.rpm
http://oss.oracle.com/el4/SRPMS-updates/openmpi11-1.1.5-1.el4_7.src.rpm

Description of changes:

openmpi:

[1.2.7-2]
- Minor fix for 1.2.5 mpi registration issues

[1.2.7-1]
- Build the X-Stream package (it will get updated by the normal package
  when the rhel4.8 errata is released)
- Resolves: bz463441, bz463442, bz463443

[1.2.7-3]
- Final fix for the scriptlets, passes a huge battery of combinatorial tests
- Resolves: bz461110

[1.2.7-2]
- Missing a closing fi in a scriptlet

[1.2.7-1]
- Update to latest upstream version
- Make the mandir be {mpidir}/man so that we don't need to futz with the
  manpath at all, man will automatically find our man pages for us
- buildrequire compat-dapl-devel so we find dapl and build a dapl transport
- Seriously rework the scriptlets to avoid the issue that was release noted
  with openmpi-1.2.5
- Resolves: bz461110, bz460878, bz443795

openmpi11:

[1.1.5-1]
- Build the Z-Stream package (it will get updated by the normal package
  when the rhel4.8 errata is released)
- Related: bz463195
- Touchup some errors in the scriptlets
- Resolves: bz459516
- This is the initial version of the newly renamed openmpi11 package.  It's
  to be used to preserve ABI compatibility since the openmpi-1.2 series
  renamed some libraries and broke binary ABI