Mseries extracts email threads or folders into quilt/mq patch series. By default the patches are listed in a file called patches/series and patch files are saved into a patches directory.
Example usage (see mseries --help for more options):
mseries '< your long msg id here >'
- finds msg in ~Mail/inbox (either mbox or Maildir) and extracts all the patches from the thread started by the msgid provided.
mseries -f =linux-kernel '< your long msgid here >'
- same as above but searches ~/Mail/linux-kernel
mseries -f linux-kernel '< your long msgid here >'
- same as above but searches linux-kernel (current directory)
- pulls out all the threads from some_folder
Each thread is annotated with a comment line in the series file. If the thread starts with a 0 of N patch, the subject from that patch is used in the comment line.
mseries -o some_folder
- forces all the messages found in some_folder into a single thread.
mseries -f -
- reads one patch in stdin
mseries understands Maildir, mbox and emlx folders. Apparently emlx can be produced by some OSX email client. mseries -e selects the emlx format.