Project News: DTrace
2015.11.02: DTrace kernel modules 0.5.0, libdtrace-ctf 0.5.0
All RPMs are available on the Unbreakable Linux Network.
- DTrace is now supported on the sparc64 architecture for the following
providers: dtrace, profile, syscall, and SDT.
- The uid / gid handling has been updated to accommodate namespace support
at the kernel level (kuid and kgid). All uid / gid values reported by
D subroutines (or obtained from structures) are evaluated based on the
initial user namespace.
- Accessing kernel memory under NOFAULT protection now implies NOPF (no
page fault) as well. Previously, NOPF was an option that could be set
in addition to NOFAULT.
- Debugging output has been improved (to be enabled at compile time).
- The datatype formerly known as sdt_instr_t has been renamed asm_instr_t.
The rationale behind this change is that it will be used in code beyond
the SDT provider and therefore a more generic name is appropriate.