[Tmem-devel] Implementing Transcendent Memory on Lguest

Gaurav Kukreja mailme.gaurav at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 22:11:05 PST 2010

Hi,

I have been working on trying to implement Transcendent Memory in lguest.

So far, Tmem on lguest is just working very rudimentarily. I am currently
working, on virtio balloon driver for the lguest, trying to get it to work.

I was wondering, and maybe this is vague, whether is it possible to create a
implementation of Transcendent Memory, as a Virtio Device. I have read
Rusty's paper on Virtio. I am yet to find out of the technical issues
regarding the same.

Let us please evaluate, whether, there would be any benefits of
implementing, Transcendent Memory as a Virtio device. I dont know, anything
about KVM, but would it then be possible to port Tmem, to KVM easily?

Regards,

--
Gaurav Kukreja

+91 997 030 1257