[rds-devel] net-next pull request: RDS

Andrew Grover andy.grover at gmail.com
Tue Sep 14 15:28:00 PDT 2010

On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 11:35 AM, Zach Brown <zach.brown at oracle.com> wrote:
>> Zach Brown's "RDS/IB: print IB event strings as well as their number" - commit
>> 1bde04a63d532c2540d6fdee0a661530a62b1686 in net-next-2.6 looks perfect to
>> reside as a helper function in the core IB stack which can be in use by other
>> rdma drivers (e.g ipoib, iser, srp, etc).
>
> Yeah, if those other drivers were interested in the little helpers then it
> would make sense to bring the functionality up into the core stack.
>
> Note that there's another later commit in net-next that gives other event
> strings the same treatment: 59f740a6aeb2cde2f79fe0df38262d4c1ef35cd8 .

Since rds goes upstream via netdev not linux-rdma, it's a little
tricky.. any core ib helpers we added would not be in net-next so rds
wouldn't build. :) Once net-next gets pushed to mainline and Roland
pulls from that, then we'll be in a good position to put these helpers
where they should go, and change other ULPs to use them.

-- Andy