[rds-devel] rdsqa git repository

Zach Brown zach.brown at oracle.com
Mon May 24 13:51:27 PDT 2010

Hi gang,

I put the bare bones start of an rds QA suite up on oss.oracle.com in the following git repository:

	http://oss.oracle.com/git/?p=zab/rdsqa.git

The intent is to make it as easy as humanly possible to quickly add regression tests as we fix bugs.  We'll only expand its functionality as tests require it, and then very conservatively.  It'll take some time to get it fleshed out into a useful tool, but we have to start somewhere.

Andy and I have talked about me taking on maintenance of this, and I'm happy to.  I'll be asking around to see how people are testing things today so that I can express some of that process in simple tests in rdsqa.

We could get the ball rolling by getting tests written for changes that we've recently made.  For example, Chris, didn't you do some dance with interrupting rds-stress to tease out the message refcounting bugs?

- z