[rds-devel] FW: RDS -- RDMA out of order

Tang, Changqing changquing.tang at hp.com
Sun May 2 22:05:21 PDT 2010

Andy,
	I checked that the messages were retransmitted by me after the messages were dropped.
This comes to another question, if rds-rdma messages to the same target process are dropped, does RDS drop them in the same order as user posted ?

	What I noticed is that the dropped order is not the same as the order I posted, I want to check with you if this is the anticipated RDS behavior.  I prefer RDS to drop messages in the same order as they are posted, the reason for it is that, application does not need to check the order of dropped messages, application only needs to decide to retransmit it or not.

	Thanks.

--CQ