[rds-devel] FW: RDS -- how to detect peer is gone ?

Greg Lindahl lindahl at pbm.com
Fri Apr 2 15:40:29 PDT 2010

On Fri, Apr 02, 2010 at 03:02:19PM -0700, Tina Yang wrote:

>    You seem to overlook the fact that the 'msghdr' rds_recvmsg() (and
> others like
>    put_cmsg()) are manipulating is actually a kernel copy of the
> user-passed structure.

How clever -- with this new kernel naming scheme, no wonder I couldn't
find it anymore.

CQ: The size of "struct cmsghdr" is intended to be different in 32-bit
and 64-bit userland. In the kernel, it should still work thanks to
this compat code. Did you try it? The rds driver shouldn't have to
do anything for it to work.

This is similar to how ioctls are treated.

-- greg