[rds-devel] future/20081031

Andy Grover andy.grover at oracle.com
Fri Oct 31 16:53:40 PDT 2008

Hi Jon,

I have a very scary Halloween git tree for your consideration today.

www.openfabrics.org:/pub/scm/~agrover/ofed_1_4/linux-2.6.git future/20081031

Features:
* IB works! (I tested it!!!)
* TCP transport gone
* moved to drivers/infiniband/ulp/rds
* IB and iWARP are separate modular transports
* uses get_user_pages_fast() (2.6.27 required)

So please take a look. Let's not worry about the massive code
duplication I've just introduced for now, although if you want to start
changing prefixes in iw-only code from ib to iw, or ripping out FMR,
feel free. I'm currently running into an rdma_bind_addr() error when
trying to load ib_rds_iw, so I'm hoping I can maybe ask you to look at that?

Let me know what you think.

Regards -- Andy