[rds-devel] [ofa-general] Re: Please pull RDS

Vladimir Sokolovsky vlad at dev.mellanox.co.il
Wed Oct 15 05:37:15 PDT 2008

Vladimir Sokolovsky wrote:
> Andy Grover wrote:
>> Hi Vlad,
>>
>> This git tree has Jon Mason's initial iWarp rdma support. It also
>> removes rds's seldom-used tcp transport, and moves everything to
>> infiniband/ulp.
>>
>> Thanks -- Andy
>>
>> pull: www.openfabrics.org:/pub/scm/~agrover/ofed_1_4/linux-2.6.git
>> code-drop/20081014
>>
>> Andy Grover (4):
>>       RDS: fixup compilation errors & warnings
>>       RDS: Remove TCP transport support
>>       RDS: Move files from net/rds to drivers/infiniband/ulp/rds
>>       RDS: Alter build files for new RDS location
>>
>> Jon Mason (1):
>>       RDS: iWARP RDMA enablement

> Done,
> Following your commits I did the following changes in the ofed git tree:
>
>     RDS: include vmalloc.h to fix compilation issue on ppc64 and ia64
>
>     kernel_patches/backports: updated RDS backport patches due to
>     moved files from net/rds to drivers/infiniband/ulp/rds
>
>     ofed_scripts: updated scripts due to:
>         moved files from net/rds to drivers/infiniband/ulp/rds
>         RDS: removed TCP transport support
>

> Regards,
> Vladimir

Hi Andy,
I tried to run RDS tests over Mellanox HCAs after the changes above and all tests failed.
We are planning to release OFED-1.4-rc3 tomorrow.
So, I have to revert all the commits above till the RDS issues will be solved.

Please remember to check compilation on the OFA server after changes that you do to the ofed_kernel git tree.
For details, see https://wiki.openfabrics.org/tiki-index.php?page=HOWTO+Build+OFA+kernel+package

Regards,
Vladimir