[rds-devel] Re: Transmit RDS protocol version in first packet

Olaf Kirch olaf.kirch at oracle.com
Mon Jan 28 04:26:35 PST 2008

On Monday 28 January 2008 11:36, Or Gerlitz wrote:
> How about taking the approach of using that mechanism for the version
> handshake, will you merge such patch?

Yes - there's another reason to transport some data in the connection
setup data; which is to have a way to learn the remote's ACK sequence.
This way we could avoid retransmitting packets that have been received
by the remote.

Olaf
--
Olaf Kirch  |  --- o --- Nous sommes du soleil we love when we play
okir at lst.de |    / | \   sol.dhoop.naytheet.ah kin.ir.samse.qurax