[rds-devel] RDS patch queue for review

Or Gerlitz ogerlitz at voltaire.com
Mon Jan 28 02:25:50 PST 2008

Olaf Kirch wrote:
> I'm still struggling with stupud kmail, so I'm attaching the patch queue as
> is. Sorry about that :-/
> There'll be another email with related rds-stress patches.

Hi Olaf,

Looking on your git tree at open fabrics, I see three branches (testing,
ofed-kernel and code-drop-20060124), so its unclear which exact one has
this giant (...) patch set that you want a review on.

Can you provide some info, eg some grouping of the patches (I pasted
here the ones present at the code-drop-20060124 branch) that would help
in the review, I started to do it myself:

> Olaf Kirch 	RDS: Allow unaligned 1Meg RDMA  code-drop-20060124
> Olaf Kirch 	RDS: make rds kernel code use 32bit rdma_ids
> Olaf Kirch 	RDS: implement flush-all semantics in FREE_MR
> Olaf Kirch 	RDS: Add stats counters for rdma bytes transferred
> Olaf Kirch 	RDS: Increment barrier hwm for dropped RDMA ops
> Olaf Kirch 	Move rdma_id counter back into a global variable
> Olaf Kirch 	Fix socket teardown vs RDMA barrier vs conn shutdown

--> prevent usage of RDS/TCP
> Olaf Kirch 	Disable RDS over TCP for now

> Olaf Kirch 	Cleanup RDS zerocopy API

--> four cleanups from me ...
> Or Gerlitz 	rds/ib: align the max_recv_sge qp creation attribute ...
> Or Gerlitz 	rds/ib: don't create the dma memory region with remote ...
> Or Gerlitz 	rds/ib: don't apply unsignaled byte accounting for ...
> Or Gerlitz 	rds/ib: remove IB_SEND_SOLICITED bit usage from RDMA ...

> Olaf Kirch 	Clean up some debug messages
> Olaf Kirch 	Introduce RDMA_MAP control message
> Olaf Kirch 	Introduce RDMA_DEST control message
> Olaf Kirch 	Introduce RDMA_DEST extension header
> Olaf Kirch 	Introduce generic RDS control message parser
> Olaf Kirch 	Introduce rds_rdma_cookie_t
> Olaf Kirch 	Create include/rdma/ib_rds.h

--> ipath support
> Ralph Campbell 	RDS changes for QLogic HCAs

> Olaf Kirch 	workaround for RDMA error disconnects
> Olaf Kirch 	rds_ib_send_clear_ring should unmap RDMA ops
> Olaf Kirch 	add stats counters for our MR pool
> Olaf Kirch 	Implement our own RDMA MR pool
> Olaf Kirch 	make rds_rdma_drop_keys invalidate all MRs
> Olaf Kirch 	Use rds_mr_destroy
> Olaf Kirch 	remove __rds_free_mr()
> Olaf Kirch 	mark MR pages dirty before release
> Olaf Kirch 	introduce rds_mr_destroy
> Olaf Kirch 	rds_mr struct changes

--> cleanup, remove duplicate code
> Olaf Kirch 	rdma: add helper function to pin user pages

--> bug fix the TCP transport
> Olaf Kirch 	Prevent TCP crash on loopback

Or