[rds-devel] comments on the send CQ completion handler

Or Gerlitz ogerlitz at voltaire.com
Thu Jan 10 03:33:27 PST 2008

Olaf Kirch wrote:
> On Wednesday 09 January 2008 17:55, Or Gerlitz wrote:

> In all the rds_ib_xmit* routines you will find that we will
> set IB_SEND_SIGNALED on the last WR. So when ib_poll_cq gives us
> a work completion, that WC will never span WRs from different messages.
> It will either refer to a SEND of a congestion map, or (part of)
> a message SEND, or (part of) a RDMA op. That's why it should be safe
> to look at wc.opcode directly.

OK, thanks for helping me here... I think I am fine with this aspect of
the rdma xmitting / completion code, however some comments that I have
while looking on it are:

- IB_SEND_SOLICITED is useless for rdma work requests as there is no
matching receive in the other side

- max_unsig_bytes accounting need not be done for the rdma bytes since
its pages that came from the user and not allocated by rds

Both are cleanups that improve the code's clarity, If you agree to
either/both - I will send a patch early next week

Or.