[rds-devel] Two more RDS patches

Olaf Kirch olaf.kirch at oracle.com
Mon Feb 18 11:22:25 PST 2008

I've two more patches pending:

- addition of a rds.7 manpage to rds-tools. Unless Rick has any edits,
	this is what I would like to submit for 1.3.
- Fix a memory leak in the MR allocation code. If you get the RDS
	message size and RDMA transfer size just right, this can
	poke a big hole into your RAM :(

Both patches are in my git trees on the code-drop-20080218 branches.
I'm also appending them for your convenience.

There is another RDS patch due which changes the size of the
user_token passed in and out of the kernel (used in RDMA completion
notification). Some application folks inside Oracle are asking to
make this 16 bytes - I didn't get around to this today, owing to
the memory leak fix.

Olaf
--
Olaf Kirch  |  --- o --- Nous sommes du soleil we love when we play
okir at lst.de |    / | \   sol.dhoop.naytheet.ah kin.ir.samse.qurax