[rds-devel] The meaning of MR invalidation

Olaf Kirch olaf.kirch at oracle.com
Fri Feb 15 07:29:18 PST 2008

> Yes, this needs some performance measurements.

... and the bad news is, if I change the code to use FMRs
exactly once, I lose roughly 10% in performance. I ran with
1, 2, and 4 tasks, a wide range of message sizes and RDMA sizes
from 64k to 1M. The degradation was pretty similar across
all test runs.

So there is a strong case to reuse FMRs. The last nagging worry
I have is, what happens when I remap a FMR - does that invalidate
the old mapping, or not?

Olaf
--
Olaf Kirch  |  --- o --- Nous sommes du soleil we love when we play
okir at lst.de |    / | \   sol.dhoop.naytheet.ah kin.ir.samse.qurax