[rds-devel] The meaning of MR invalidation

Or Gerlitz or.gerlitz at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 06:48:54 PST 2008

On 2/13/08, Olaf Kirch <olaf.kirch at oracle.com> wrote:
> That's one of the things I have no real understanding of. What is the
> actual difference in performance when you use an FMR exactly once?

Let me think about this and check with the Mellanox architects,
basically the flow
I see for rds in that case would be something like:

rds_pool_start: alloc N FMRs

rds_pool_get: get FMR from the free list and map it

rds_pool_put: put the used FMR in the dirty list

rds_unmap_background_thread:  if the dirty list size > M call
fmr_unmap on the M FMRs in the dirty list and then return them to the
free list

stop: unalloc N FMRS

correct?

Or.