[rds-devel] can't clone rds git tree

Andy Grover andy.grover at oracle.com
Thu Dec 4 10:35:13 PST 2008

Or Gerlitz wrote:
> Hi Andy,
>
> Cloning git://git.openfabrics.org/~agrover/ofed_1_4/linux-2.6.git I get
> a directory containing only a hidden .git subdirectory and that's all.
> Do you also see this problem?

Yes, it's because that repo doesn't have a currently active branch, so
clone created remote-tracking branches but didn't do an initial checkout
or create any local branches. Do a "git branch -r" to see all of them
and then for example do "git checkout -b latest-future
origin/future/2008111301" to get a checked-out local branch.

Like almost everyone my git knowledge is incomplete, so maybe there's a
better way to do things I don't know about? It seems like there should
be an easier way, but the above commands will work, at least.

Regards -- Andy