[rds-devel] Has anyone tried running RDS over 10GE / IWARP NICs ?

Or Gerlitz or.gerlitz at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 21:47:40 PDT 2008

On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 6:17 PM, Steve Wise <swise at opengridcomputing.com> wrote:
> I think RDS might be getting confused because the 10GbE rnic shows up as a
> dumb NIC hooked into the native TCP stack -and- an rdma device.

> Jon Mason will be working to enable RDS soon on the chelsio device. He'll
> feed back the changes needed, if any, to RDS.  Stay tuned.

Steve,

I understand that a similar work has been done at least to some extent
with open MPI, and I will be
very happy to hear the lessons learned. Did you manage to have the
same (say point to point)
open mpi  "transport"  design/code work over rdma-cm over both IB and iWARP?

Can someone from OGC or Chelsio drive a BOF on that in Sonoma?

If not, can some notes be sent to the list? I say lets learn from what
you did so far...

Or.