[rds-devel] [ofa-general] InfiniBand/iWARP/RDMA merge plans for 2.6.26 (what'sin infiniband.git)

Richard Frank richard.frank at oracle.com
Wed Apr 2 11:00:27 PDT 2008

OK - and the conversation was about using NetPerf to compare performance
of RDS to UDP relative to suitability for Oracle use ... so I think
those statements still illustrate my points...

1) NetPerf does not do what Oracle does - and hence is not useful from
Oracle's perspective in comparing ULPs.
2) For some metrics - it's not valid to compare a non-reliable IPC to a
reliable IPC -  it's not an apples to apples comparison. Especially when
the app is considered and what the app must do to use UDP vs RDS.

I did not say that NetPerf should not be extended to support RDS - just
that using it to do a comparison of ULPs to determine how well Oracle
would run - is not what we (Oracle) would want - at least that was my
intention..