[rds-devel] Updates to rds-stress

Olaf Kirch olaf.kirch at oracle.com
Fri Nov 23 07:26:25 PST 2007

On Thursday 22 November 2007 17:58, Olaf Kirch wrote:
> I noticed :-) The code that allocates the buffers for RDMA just allocates
> them for one thread (rdma_buf[id])...
>
> Let me finish merging this, and then lets debug this

Here it comes...

The code compiles, and it still seems to work for the non-RDMA case.
Which is not that bad :-)

What does not work yet is RDMA. Using the tree from ofed 1.3 plus some
version of Rick's barrier patch, plus some patch of mine to make
it all compile on RHEL5, I manage to freeze the machine every time I
run rds-stress with RDMA :-)

It appears it is getting stuck in some endless loop in rds_rdma_drop_keys...

The tarball below contains the following patches:

0001 Create net/rds.h
0002 rds-stress: tolerate EINTR
0003 Add types and constants related to RDS zerocopy interface
0004 rds-stress: add macro for run-time tracing
0005 rds-stress: use pfhack.c to discover PF_RDS and SOL_RDS
0006 rds-stress: move header building out of send_packet
0007 rds-stress: use sendmsg instead of sendto
0008 rds-stress: change the way we build the message pattern
0009 rds-stress: add support for RDMA interface

Vlad, I think it is safe to merge all patches from this tarball except
the last one, which adds RDMA support. The RDMA patch itself may still
see a couple of revisions while I try to get things working.

Olaf
--
Olaf Kirch  |  --- o --- Nous sommes du soleil we love when we play
okir at lst.de |    / | \   sol.dhoop.naytheet.ah kin.ir.samse.qurax