[rds-devel] zero based fmrs - this should not be visible to RDS clients ?

Richard Frank richard.frank at oracle.com
Wed Nov 14 13:24:08 PST 2007

With zero based FMRs - which is what we are currently using for the RDS
IB memory key; Once the memory buffer is registered, subsequent rdma
operations on this buffer must pass in a zero based offset to describe
which part of the registered buffer an rdma should operate on.

Currently, this is visible to the RDS client;  if we register a 1 meg
buffer with RDS and want to perform an rdma to then entire buffer, the
RDS rdma operation must pass in an address of 0 to indicate the start of
the buffer !

Ideally, we'd hide this detail inside of RDS ...