[rds-devel] netperf patch to support RDS

Or Gerlitz ogerlitz at voltaire.com
Wed Nov 7 06:03:32 PST 2007

Zach Brown wrote:
>> What other work you think
>> need to be done, are there some paths in the code that bypass the
>> transport API?
>
> Work would need to be done to make sure that transports can be unloaded
> safely.  This requires serialization and reference counting that isn't
> fully implemented in quite a few places.  I started on it many months
> ago and got to the IB receive path before deciding that it wasn't worth
> the effort at the time.

If RDS is to be used also on Ethernet, this cleanup is a must... did you
  saw significant improvement eg through crload or 11g when running the
reliable IPC over RDS vs over UDP? In other words, does having the
reliability down at the socket/driver level instead of the app level
pays back also on Ethernet?

Or.