[rds-devel] netperf patch to support RDS

Or Gerlitz ogerlitz at voltaire.com
Sat Nov 3 23:45:58 PDT 2007

Zach Brown wrote:
> RDS will use the IB transport if it finds an IPoIB device that matches
> the source destination of a send.  The only way to use the TCP transport
> over IPoIB is to compile the rds kernel module without the IB transport.

Got it, thanks.

As for RDS compiling and module structure, I see that the code is made
of three parts: a common one and two transports: IB and TCP, where each
has its own config directive (CONFIG_RDS,CONFIG_RDS_IB,CONFIG_RDS_TCP),
so each one of them is supposed to be a separate kernel module? for some
reason someone made them all to be one module in OFED.

Or.