[rds-devel] RDS coordination Meeting

Vladimir Sokolovsky vlad at dev.mellanox.co.il
Tue Jan 23 07:50:37 PST 2007

On Mon, 2007-01-22 at 13:56 -0800, Carl Yang (caryang) wrote:
>   (4) Discussion of RDS code submit for OFED 1.2 release
>        (a) Mellanox will send out OFED license header
>        (b) Oracle will review the license header and update all files
>        (c) After all files have been updated with dual license,
> Oracle/Zack
>            will let us know whether he will be the temporary RDS code
>            maintainer.  This will probably speed up the code review
>            process.  Longer term code maintainer can be decided at
>            later date after people become more familiar with the
>            code base.
>
> Please review and update in case I miss anything in the summary.
>
> Regards,
> Carl

Hi,
I propose to integrate RDS into OFED-1.2 in the following way:

Zach should create an account on the Openfabrics server (Contact Johann
George <johann.george at qlogic.com> to get a user account).

Clone ofed_1_2 git tree from
git://git.openfabrics.org/~vlad/ofed_1_2/.git
Branch: ofed_1_2

Detailed explanation can be found at:
https://wiki.openfabrics.org/tiki-index.php?page=OFED+1.2+HowTo

Add RDS code to the drivers/net/rds
Back port patches should be placed under ofed_1_2/kernel_patches and
back port headers should be placed under ofed_1_2/kernel_addons.
ofed_1_2/ofed_scripts/configure and ofed_1_2/ofed_scripts/Makefile
should be updated with RDS.

I can update ofed's configure and Makefile.

Commit the changes and then this tree can be cloned to the main ofed_1_2
git tree.

See https://wiki.openfabrics.org/tiki-index.php for more information.

After this will be done RDS will be part of the daily build.

--
Vladimir Sokolovsky <vlad at dev.mellanox.co.il>
Mellanox Technologies Ltd.