[Php-users] PDO_OCI extension

Christopher Jones christopher.jones at oracle.com
Tue May 12 09:47:22 PDT 2009

Erek Dyskant wrote:
 > Hi All,
 >
 > Is there a reason that the PDO OCI extension is not included in the
 > oracle distribution of the PHP RPMs, and any recommendations for where
 > to find a PHP 5.2.9 RHEL 5 rpm with PDO_OCI?
 >

 > Regards,
 > Erek Dyskant

Hi Erek,

PDO_OCI is still marked as experimental and at the moment I cannot
suggest using it in production.  I hope this will change in the
future.  Unfortunately the PHP community as a whole has put little
effort into PDO.

The things need to happen before I can release the PDO_OCI driver as
an RPM:

  1. PDO_OCI needs to be made stable

  2. http://pecl.php.net/package/PDO_OCI needs to have the latest version of the code.

For various reasons I'm unable to do 1 at the moment.

I'm not aware of any location to get a PDO_OCI RPM.  It would not be
difficult to create one using the .spec file in the oci8 source RPM as
an example.  Note the PHP 5.3 PDO_OCI code is more recent than the
code on pecl.php.net

Chris

Email: christopher.jones at oracle.com
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/ghrd