[Oraclevm-errata] OVMBA-2016-0080 Oracle VM 3.2 tzdata bug fix update
Errata Announcements for Oracle VM
oraclevm-errata at oss.oracle.com
Tue Jun 21 10:05:06 PDT 2016
Oracle VM Bug Fix Advisory OVMBA-2016-0080
The following updated rpms for Oracle VM 3.2 have been uploaded to the
Unbreakable Linux Network:
Description of changes:
- Rebase to 2016d
- America/Caracas switches from -0430 to -04 on 2016-05-01 at 02:30.
- Asia/Magadan switches from +10 to +11 on 2016-04-24 at 02:00.
- New zone Asia/Tomsk, split off from Asia/Novosibirsk. It covers
Tomsk Oblast, Russia, which switches from +06 to +07 on 2016-05-29
- Rebase to 2016c
- Azerbaijan no longer observes DST.
- Chile reverts from permanent to seasonal DST.
- Rebase to 2016b
- New zones Europe/Astrakhan and Europe/Ulyanovsk for Astrakhan and
Ulyanovsk Oblasts, Russia, both of which will switch from +03 to +04 on
2016-03-27 at 02:00 local time. They need distinct zones since their
post-1970 histories disagree. New zone Asia/Barnaul for Altai Krai and
Altai Republic, Russia, which will switch from +06 to +07 on the
and local time. The Astrakhan change is already official; the
passed the first reading in the State Duma and are extremely likely.
Also, Asia/Sakhalin moves from +10 to +11 on 2016-03-27 at 02:00.
- As a trial of a new system that needs less information to be made up,
the new zones use numeric time zone abbreviations like "+04"
instead of invented abbreviations like "ASTT".
- Haiti will not observe DST in 2016.
- Palestine's spring-forward transition on 2016-03-26 is at 01:00,
Guess future transitions will be March's last
Saturday at 01:00, not March's last Friday at 24:00.
- Rebase to 2016a
- America/Cayman will not observe daylight saving this year after all.
Revert our guess that it would.
- Asia/Chita switches from +0800 to +0900 on 2016-03-27 at 02:00.
- Asia/Tehran now has DST predictions for the year 2038 and later,
to be March 21 00:00 to September 21 00:00. This is likely better
than predicting no DST, albeit off by a day every now and then.
More information about the Oraclevm-errata