[Ocfs2-users] ОТН.: ocfs2 1.8 ?

Mihail Daskalov mdaskalov at technologica.com
Mon Jan 20 02:55:02 PST 2014

Basically the version information for ocfs2 kernel module is meaningless (for any kernel module not released separately by Oracle). You should use the kernel version the identify features or recentness for the kernel.org kernel version. For distribution kernels - you should see the distribution release notes, or whatever is included there.
The developers have agreed to drop the ocfs2 version from the kernel - see https://oss.oracle.com/pipermail/ocfs2-devel/2013-November/009471.html

The ocfs2-tools however have a version identified - and the latest I have seen is 1.8.2 . You can check the ocfs2 tools project for details - https://oss.oracle.com/projects/ocfs2-tools/ . It does not say anything about 1.8.2 however in the source repository https://oss.oracle.com/git/?p=ocfs2-tools.git;a=summary  it exists - https://oss.oracle.com/git/?p=ocfs2-tools.git;a=commit;h=db4aef69fa6e9705e17c0b35b9dabc4a41a1d40a .

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Mihail Daskalov