[Ocfs2-users] Unable to set the o2cb heartbeat to global

Vineeth Thampi vineeth.thampi at gmail.com
Tue Jun 4 08:31:45 PDT 2013

Hi,

I have added heartbeat mode as global, but when I do a mkfs and mount, and
then check the mount, it says I am in local mode. Even
/sys/kernel/config/cluster/ocfs2/heartbeat/mode says local. I am running
CentOS with 3.x kernel, with ocfs2-tools-1.6.4-1118.

mkfs -t ocfs2 -b 4K -C 1M -N 16 --cluster-stack=o2cb  /dev/sdb
mount -t ocfs2 /dev/sdb /mnt -o
noatime,data=writeback,nointr,commit=60,coherency=buffered

node:
    ip_port = 7777
    ip_address = 10.81.2.108
    number = 1
    name = cam-st08
    cluster = ocfs2

cluster:
    node_count = 2
    heartbeat_mode = global
    name = ocfs2

root at cam-st07 log # mount | grep sdb
/dev/sdb on /mnt type ocfs2
(rw,_netdev,noatime,data=writeback,nointr,commit=60,coherency=buffered,heartbeat=local)

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Vineeth