[Ocfs2-users] High inodes usage

Nicolas Michel be.nicolas.michel at gmail.com
Wed Jul 3 01:05:08 PDT 2013

Hello guys,

I'm using OCFS2 for a shared storage (on SAN). I just saw that the inode
usage is really high although these filesystems are used for Oracle DATA
storage. So there are really a few big files.

I don't understand why the inode usage is so high with such few big files
(As an example : one of the filesystem have 16 files and directories but
the ~26 million of inodes are almost used!)

My questions :
- is the inode usage can be a problem in such a situation
- if it is : how can I reduce their number used? Or increase the pool of
available inodes?
- why so many inodes are used with such a few files? I was sure that there
were traditionaly one inode used for one file or one directory.

--
Nicolas MICHEL